The Rhino has a powerful engine and drivetrain to back up its attractive looks. It’s powered by a powerful five-valve, SOHC, 660cc, four-stroke single-cylinder engine with a quick 42mm Mikuni carburettor and liquid/oil cooling. With all-wheel engine braking, the machine is connected to a dependable Ultramatic automatic transmission. The distinctive On-Command pushbutton system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with locking differential settings for the four-wheel-drive option.
Yamaha’s assertion that the Rhino can traverse rough terrains comparable to a 4×4 ATV is among its most fascinating features. Rhino is Yamaha’s claim that it can travel the same terrain as a 4×4 ATV. Its great approach/departure angles, as well as its adaptable IFS/IRS, are part of what makes it so capable. It has a suspension travel of 7.3 inches (more significant than some of the SUVs we test) and a ground clearance of 12.1 inches.
The Rhino is ready to work when the time comes. It includes a standard 2-inch receiver to use your pickup truck’s hitch. It has a towing capacity of 1,212 pounds. The tilting bed can hold up to 400 pounds of whatever you want to put on it.
Yamaha Rhino General Features:
- Built-in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Battery provides power
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank
- The combination of the 660cc liquid/oil-cooled, four-stroke, five-valve engine and light weight provides the finest power-to-weight ratio of any side-by-side model on the market.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension: Front and rear double wishbones provide 7.3 inches of wheel travel and 11.0 inches of ground clearance. In contrast, five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact and incredible comfort while tackling challenging terrain.
- The interior of the Rhino is designed for comfort. It features controls reminiscent of those in a car, such as a steering wheel, a left-side foot brake pedal and right-side foot accelerator pedal, a centre-mounted console shifter and parking brake lever, indicator lights, a turn-to-start ignition switch, and a 12-volt accessory outlet.
- The On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature offers three positions and is a pioneering development in the industry. It enables you to switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD, and fully locked differential 4WD modes with
- a simple button press. Additionally, the dual headlights are fitted with 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulbs and a high/low beam option, designed in a trendy and sleek cat-eye style. The double tail/brake lights
are 5-watt and 21-watt.
- Large, specially designed seats are exceptionally soft and supportive for all-day driver and passenger enjoyment.
- The Rhino’s cylinder head design, also used in the robust Grizzly 660, features a patented five-valve system that delivers exceptional low-end torque and instantaneous throttle response.
- The machine’s dual-range drive with reverse is unmatched in its class, offering more pulling power in low gear and improved performance in high gear compared to other vehicles, including the 4×4 side-by-side.
- Dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever is located on the console.
- A manual side cover drain expels any water that enters, and a sealed drive case is utilized to prevent water and debris from entering.
- A complete stainless steel exhaust system with aluminium heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor is specially designed for excellent power characteristics and low noise emission.
- A large-capacity aluminium radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist provide maximum cooling efficiency and are mounted high in the frame for maximum protection.
- A 42mm Mikuni CV carburettor and a high-output DC-CDI ignition system ensure incredible throttle responsiveness and engine performance.
- A specially constructed drive system air intake vent keeps water and mud out of the drive case and prevents overheating.
Yamaha Rhino 660 Auto 4×4 Specs
|MODEL TYPE||Utility UTV|
|DISPLACEMENT (CC/CI)||660 / 40.3|
|TRANSMISSION TYPE||Continuously Variable (CVT)|
|FRONT TIRE (FULL SPEC)||Dual Hydraulic Disc|
|REAR TIRE (FULL SPEC)||Shaft Mounted Disc|
|WHEELBASE (IN/MM)||75.2 / 1910.1|
|DRIVELINE TYPE||Selectable 4X2 / 4X4|
|LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL||Standard|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 gal.|
|Dry Weight||1049 lb.|
|Bed Capacity||400 lb.|
|Instrumentation||The vehicle is equipped with instrumentation that includes a digital LCD multifunction display, fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, dual trip, hour meter, clock, and gear position indicator.|
|Lighting||Lighting features include dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights and dual 21/5W brake lights.|
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Yamaha Motor Corporation, United States of America (YMUS), a leader in the motorsports industry, produces the roughest, most capable, most flexible ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles on the market. Motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and more are among the company’s ever-expanding product portfolio. In the United States, YMUS goods are sold through a nationwide network of over 4,000 dealers.